Bench Bottle Capper Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
I am a kegger so my bottling needs are semi-limited. But I do bottle some for various reasons only to seem to struggle with those inferior hand held "wing" cappers. I'd like to find a really sturdy bench capper that would not be permanently mounted, but somewhat portable so I can move it around. I bottle 12, 16 and 22 oz bombers as a rule. I'll assume the capper head height is adjustable to accommodate these standard sizes. I'd rather get a sturdy one and spend one time vs buying a bargain bench capper only to replace it sooner than later.

Thanks for suggestions!

The Colonna capper/corker is probably the sturdiest. Next in line would be the Super Agata. Each can be fastened to a board for extra stability and still be easily moved around.

Ill also recommend the super agata. Ive used mine for nearly 10 years now, no issues. The best part IMHO is the quick adjustability for all the various bottle sizes that have accumulated over the years. Definitely fasten it down, I rigged some studs into my "brew bench" and use wing nuts to quickly fasten it. Probably over kill.

Took these suggestions and watched reviews on YouTube. The Super Agata gets thumbs up from most everyone and the price is reasonable. If I was a 100% capper, I may go bigger, but this seems right for me.

Thanks!!

One thing I would recommend, is having bottles all the same size.

Totally agree. I know lots of folks pick up random bottles here and there, but I try to be more standardized. I have a friend with a small craft brewery, so I will buy a case or two new bottles at a time from him. This ensures they are all new and you don't find the occasional cigarette butt in the bottle when scavenging bottles from bars.

So when I run a batch of bottles, I sanitize them knowing they are all new and from the same lot/run. Sounds picky but it keeps things consistent.

Latest posts

Back