"belted" motorized grain mill pic request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtab78

Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on how to mount my motor so that I can adjust the tension. I have searched and searched and it seems as though a ton of pics are no longer view able, or the ones I can see are mostly the direct drive style. I already have all my parts (1/2 HP Smith and Jones motor 1750 rpm, 14" cast aluminum pulley and a 1.5" pulley) so i should be right around the 190-200 rpm mark on the mill side with roughly around 15 or so ft/lb torque. I have all of that figured out, its just keeping the belt tensioned properly that has be stumped.

I have an idea to use springs somehow under a base plate the motor will be on, but im not sure if this has already been done and all the "trial and errors" have been worked out.

Unless there is a way to release the tension on the belt it can form a semi-permanent curve the shape of the pulleys for equipment that is not used often. I've found this with my table saw and band saw. The smallest pulley results in the greatest vibration. An idler pulley with a release would prevent this.

Totally adjustable... motor mount slides...

Attachments

• IMG_20180607_184552.jpg
    IMG_20180607_184552.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
Back