Belgium/Germany-Fun !! [pics]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VatorMan

Reaction score
Just back from a couple of days. I forgot who told me about Gluhwein,but damn that stuff is good when it's cold outside.

Belgium
IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

Germany.
I know why Germany invaded France now. Damn. If their women don't look like Mack trucks-they look like they were hit by one.:drunk:
IMG_3001.jpg

Found the Henkels factory and bought some knives.
Germany131.jpg

If Germany had any Mexicans-I didn't see 'em.
Germany134.jpg

Just awesome bar.
Germany140.jpg

Things packed but not needed. Sunglasses. We bought a NUVI 270 GPS and it was invaluable. I did get back with some Belgium Trappist beer and some Gluhwein. I don't recommend going in the winter. Cold as hell and dark.

kinda fuzzy on that last pic in the first post, but that looks like the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Munich
P1010077.jpg

and a pic of me and my German buddy in the Hofbräuhaus
P1010119.jpg

kinda fuzzy on that last pic in the first post, but that looks like the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Munich

Actually I'm pretty sure its the Hotel de Ville in Bruxelles. They do a light show there on weekend evenings if I remember correctly. Up to the left of it is actually a beer museum in one of the really old buildings...

Great pictures!! It must have been an awesome trip!!

PS- I hope you didnt buy to many beers from that beer store, while they have cool sets you can get most of them in the supermarkets just around the corner for much cheaper!!

I used to live 40 miles from the hofbrauhaus when I was stationed in Augsburg for 4 years. I used to drive the the HBH just for a beer or two...:mug:

i used to live less than 40 miles from Brussels. brings a tear to my eye seeing some of the Gran Place pics.

i hope you went to the Delerium Tremens bar while you were there. if not, you'll have to go back.

hell, i lived there for three years, and i have to go back.:tank:

Back