Belgian Trippel & Wyeast 1214

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdscole

Reaction score
Brewed on 5/21
fermented at 68°F from 5/21 - 6/2. Won't flocculate.

Dropped temp to 36 (which took 2 days to achieve). It's been cold for about 48 hours. Added a half pack of gelatin 24 hours ago. Is this simply a waiting game or am I doing something wrong?

This is what it looks like today 6/5 (the one in front):

beer_zpszrgkeg0u.jpg

Recipe:
12# 2 row
5# Belgian Pilsner
1# dark candy
OG 1.087

Hops
1 oz perle
1 oz saaz

Yeast Wyeast 1214 from a 1.2 Liter starter. (grew for 48 hours)

Yield: 6 gallons

Water: RO (under - sink) + 10g Gypsum and 5g epsom salts

Did you get a stable gravity for three days in a row? That's a big beer, the yeast might have still been churning.

Did you get a stable gravity for three days in a row? That's a big beer, the yeast might have still been churning.
I haven't checked FG in the beer. I figured 2 weeks is a fairly long time for fermentation to still be going on. BUT - this is the first time with this strain of yeast.

With the starter - the pitch rate should be pretty substantial.

Nothing better to do than wait I guess.

I use that yeast in my Tripels and they go for 28 days in the fermenter before racking. I let them set at 70 degrees with no crashing at all and the beer comes out crystal clear and is amazing. :mug:

I use that yeast in my Tripels and they go for 28 days in the fermenter before racking. I let them set at 70 degrees with no crashing at all and the beer comes out crystal clear and is amazing. :mug:

Then I shall wait!

Back