Belgian Golden Ale yeast from WL not flocculating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtian

Reaction score
I recently used the Belgian Golden Ale yeast from white labs it has been fermenting for two weeks and pretty much done. I've cold crashed it for the past three days and the yeast is still not flocculating out. Any hints?

This yeast does not flocculate well. Cold crash it, or give it a month or two in secondary. I like to age these beers anyways. Just bottled one - brewed in August, secondaried from sept-dec. It was crystal clear, if you can wait that long!

I've had problems with this yeast flocculating as well. Time and cold temperature help. I've also used gelatin to help drop the suspended yeast. If you need to clear it quickly, gelatin is probably the way to go.

It's the most stubborn yeast ever. It absolutely refuses to drop on its own even when cold conditioned for a very lengthy amount of time. Filter or fine it if you need it soon and/or clear. I'd let it age a bit but it really still will need help becoming clear beer.

Back