Belgian Candi Syrup vs. Cane Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arog3000

Reaction score
Does Dark Belgian Candi Syrup contribute any flavor to a beer? I was thinking about just using cane sugar and a little debittered black malt to achieve the same color and ABV% but I want to keep the flavor the same. I have used Candi Syrup D90 for a brown ale and have had great results but I was wondering if I used cane sugar and a very small amount of debittered black malt if the flavor would stay the same. Everything I read is that Belgian Candi Syrup is a rip off. Please advise. Thanks!!:tank:

Does Dark Belgian Candi Syrup contribute any flavor to a beer? I was thinking about just using cane sugar and a little debittered black malt to achieve the same color and ABV% but I want to keep the flavor the same. I have used Candi Syrup D90 for a brown ale and have had great results but I was wondering if I used cane sugar and a very small amount of debittered black malt if the flavor would stay the same. Everything I read is that Belgian Candi Syrup is a rip off. Please advise. Thanks!!:tank:

i don't think you will get the same result. you can make dark candi syrup that would be closer than using debittered malt.

Back