Belfast says hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dystopiary

Reaction score
(it wanted me to tell you).

I'm really new to brewing but excited to get stuck into it for a life time. I've come to these forums for some info and have found them and the wiki very helpful. I'm thankful for all the experience recorded in this place. Good stuff.

I'm on my second batch right now (an Irish stout), brewing on the cheap with basic equipment and extracts until I start to get a hang of it. Further upgrades are cost prohibitive at the moment, anyways, and the small flat I occupy isn't the most roomy or temperature happy - so we'll see what happens! Hopefully I'll learn something in the process and inspire a few of my friends to get involved so we can trade brews.

I love beer, and I love the idea of beer. During the time I lived in Colorado, I was inspired by the amount of fermentation going on around me. I'm now in Belfast, Northern Ireland and have been thinking about getting involved in homebrewing. Finding a home brew store across town finally convinced me I should give it a go.

Hooray!

Welcome, does the LHBS know if there is a local club?

The store (the only one in Northern Ireland) is tiny - half health food, half homebrew, and mostly geared towards wine makers. However, I'm sure there's a beer club or circle of some sort, though I haven't asked yet. Since I'm such a noob, I'm a wee bit intimidated to get involved until I get a little bit experience. I feel like I should have something to bring to the table...

Back