Beginning kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewfyre

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum but since I'm still new thought it would work. I'm looking into getting into kegging instead of full on bottling (patience is not a virtue of mine lol). What I'm looking for is input/advice. I am looking for mini fridges that can be converted easily into a kegerator. One that can hold 2 cornies and a 5-10lb CO2 tank. Also if possible looking for one that can be converted into a ferm chamber, ie want to buy two of same type or relatively close. Thanks in advance for info and love the site!

If you're looking specifically for a mini-fridge, a lot of people use the Sanyo 4912. It's been discontinued, but you can still find them on Craigslist. They will hold 2 cornies and a 5lb co2 tank. Another option is getting a chest freezer and temperature control.

Check out the DIY forum..there are some good threads about the Sanyo and others that members have converted.

A whole lot of people use the Sanyo 4912 refrigerator. You can get one from Fry's but make sure there is no freezer compartment. You just want the refrigerator model.There are many threads on how to convert these if you want a tower setup. It is not a bad idea to check Craigslist for one that is for sale. Fry's link.

I would get a little larger one for fementation. One that would hold 3 carboys.

Thanks for info folk! Will look into the sanyo's. Also blender any sugesstions on brand/type/size for frementer?

There is a frigidaire model that works quite well also, just search frigidaire and you will see some threads, i bought one at lowes for $170 and it works great

Thanks for info folk! Will look into the sanyo's. Also blender any sugesstions on brand/type/size for frementer?
Sorry but I don't use one myself. I also meant 2 carboys instead of 3. I would think a midsized one would work and its a good idea to make cut out of the fermentor diameter when you shop to make sure 2 would fit side by side. You may also need to make a heavier shelf to hold the fermentors as well but that would be faily simple.

Back