Beersmith - Coopers malt extract..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaldManBrew

Reaction score
This is for my brother who is not on the forums. He likes the taste of the Pale Ale can from Coopers LME. It's prehopped so people can just open the can and add water, but he uses it as a base. He adds more dry malt extract, grains and hops to his wort.

I bought him Beersmith, but none of the Coopers kits are listed as ingredients. I am trying to get him to try a beer without using Coopers LME, but he says he likes it, and he's the one drinking it. So until the day comes when he'll use regular extracts only, I need to find a way to put coopers into his beersmith software.

You can add new extracts to the database with custom variables. If it's prehopped he may need to get the specs and make an entry for the extract and another for AA. Also check the support link on beersmiths website, there is often new database additions added there.

Back