Beersmith 2 recipe modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapanesed

Reaction score
Whats up guys. I'm new to brewing and Beersmith. Anyways, did my first all grain batch the other day and missed my target O.G and post boil volume. Does Beersmith 2 have a feature whereby the user plugs in the actual results they arrived at and efficiency is calculated? I guess what I'm asking is how can beersmith help me improve my brewing. Thanks

On the right hand side there are white boxes there and you can enter your data there. The efficiency there I believe to be brewhouse efficiency not mash or conversion efficiency. For my efficiency calculations I use, http://www.brewersfriend.com/brewhouse-efficiency/.

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 7.16.03 PM.jpg

Schierstein is correct that the efficiency number on the design tab is the brewhouse efficiency. If you click over to the mash tab, you will get the actual calculated mash efficiency.

I would recommend if you did not set up the equipment profile for your particular set-up that you look on the beersmith site and watch the videos on how to establish your own equipment profile. Next, use the measurements you obtained from this brew and the next few brews to tune beersmith to match your particular brewing process. Keep track of all the key variables and outputs and use them to update your equipment profile and the standard settings.

Latest posts

Back