beer to have at my wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantombrews

Reaction score
hey all homebrewers me and my wife are getting married again this time through the church and was looking to brew beer for our wedding most of our family like craft brews I wanna brew enough for everyone (100+ppl) any help would be great my and the guys like high ibu brews with that distinct hop flavor any help would be awesome

my favorite beer is 7 hop ipa so anything close to that would be great and also some thing for the ladies thanks in advance
:ban:

Hey Phantom,
I am getting married in exactly 39 days. I'd be happy to help with sharing my prep/experience with it.

On Saturday, I just brewed the last of 9 beers that I am going to have at the wedding. RIS, OMS, Kolsch, Saison, DIPA, IPA, Hefe, Amber, Wienna Lager.

Are you looking to do one recipe? how big is your system.

I got a 7.5 gal turkey fryer I use and I got six fermenters for some reason everytime I go to the brew shop I buy more fermenters seems as if could never have enough Friday im planning on buying the wort chiller just been using a cooler filled with cold water and ice to get temp down any recipes would be great

Sounds like a solid setup, definitely get that chiller going. Are you brewing all grain? what time of year is the wedding? if you are planning to do 2-3 brews i would make them all seasonally appropriate.

aug 8th is the date so as many as I could do before then and have bottled and ready to go by then

I also have two 30 gal glass wine fermenters but have been scared to use them because after buying them from a estate sale and bringing home I found died mice in both so don't wanna use unless I no a sure fire way of cleaning and sanitizing

I have had great luck with a Kolsch as a crowd-pleaser that both craft beer lovers and MBC folks will enjoy. Mine is 95%/5% Pilsner and Vienna, respectively, with 1.5 oz hallertau at 60 and .5 at 20 (~27IBU) . Any of the WLP or WY Kolsch strains are excellent- I use the WY2565 (Kolsch II).
It is not a hoppy beer, but if you like hops (which I definitely do) they are there. It is a nice color that won't immediately scare off Uncle Frank who only drinks Miller Lite.

I also have two 30 gal glass wine fermenters but have been scared to use them because after buying them from a estate sale and bringing home I found died mice in both so don't wanna use unless I no a sure fire way of cleaning and sanitizing

Soak it in PBW for a week, scrub the inside with a brush, sanitize, then ferment an ale in there, then call it Dead Mouse Ale.

I did Edwort's Pale Ale (10 gallons) and 5 gallons of an amber for ours. Ours was at a winery, so we had wine too. I was afraid to go too hoppy or too far from BMC for the sake of the guests. Probably could have been a little more bold.

I would not use a 30 gallon fermentor if you are only doing 5 gallon batches. Don't think you want all that empty headspace.

I was planning on doing the same for my wedding next summer. My fiancé is from Russia (didn't buy her online) so I was definitely planning on a batch of RIS!

A solid choice is a good blonde ale. I just brewed one up using Amarillo, Citra and Sorachi Ace hops. It goes down way easy and is cheap to make a lot of it.

Fermenting - None
Bottled - AHS Blue Moon Clone, Andes Chocolate Mint Stout, Citrus Blonde
On Deck - Bazinga's Berliner Weisse
Down The Road - Belgian Tripel, Citrus Blonde V2

thanks every one for the in put gonna do 5 gallons of saison 5 gallons of resign 6 point and 5 gallons of a blond ale thanks again for the help

Seems a little too on-the-nose. I'd go for something a little more subtle/clever, like maybe "Mickey's Revenge," or "Deadmau5's Last Album."

I'll take it one step further and say "Deadmau5's Holographic Performance."
Anyone? Anyone?

Back