Beer sold near Disneyland/Santa Barbara

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
My girlfriend is going on a trip to the Disneyland area, and will also be near Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. I have never been to California, but I'd love to take this opportunity to obtain some beer I can't buy here in Cincinnati.

What should I ask her to grab? What is available around those areas?

Thanks!

Near Disneyland...she should pick up something from The Bruery. Points north.....I would pick up something special from Firestone Walker and Figueroa Mtn. But really as long as she goes into a well stocked liquor store she will be able to score a lot of great beer from the SoCal area.

Awesome. Would Pliny be available down there? Sorry, I'm totally unfamiliar with California haha.

I haven't seen it in Santa Barbara, but I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find it somewhere down here.

I know a bar that always has Pliny on tap, but not sure about bottles. I'll check too. When is she coming?

It's not super near Disneyland but if you head to Universal Studios as a side-trip, they have a Karl Strauss pub on Universal City Walk. It's pretty damn good.

She'll be there next week. She's going to buy a few bottles/bombers (she'll have limited time, she's taking care of a special needs child). I need to basically tell her exactly where to go and what to get.

She's going to be on the beach basically on Cabrillo Blvd. I Google map'd some beer stores near there and BevMo seems pretty decent. They sell Firestone Walker and Figueroa and Lagunatias, all of which I've never had.

KegnBottle seems good too. She's going to UPS me the items she purchases so she doesn't have to worry about flying with them. I'm excited, but a little clueless as to what to ask for.

If you are an IPA guy looking for some good CA beers, have her look for Lagunitas Sucks, Firestone Union Jack, and Bear Republic Racer 5.

Telegraph from Santa Barbara. They are almost solely responsible for getting me into homebrewing and (last I checked in 2012) make some unique and well-crafted beers that you won't find outside of CA, Las Vegas, Chicago and some other random spots.

Have your gf check out Whole Foods. Great selection and unlike Bevmo they usually chill most their beer. I'd give Anderson Valley IPA a try, Alesmith Speedway Stout, Greenflash, Port Brewing.

What styles do you like? Want a variety of styles that are excellent from different breweries? How many bottles do you want?

Have your gf check out Whole Foods. Great selection and unlike Bevmo they usually chill most their beer.

That.

WF has a much better (though smaller) selection of less ordinary stuff and they're much better with handling the beer. They've been known to carry Pliny, but there's no guarantee on that.

Back