Beer Similar to Russian River Temptation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTexBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So this month's issue of BYO has an article about beer/wine hybrids. They include a recipe for a Russian River Temptation clone. This recipe really intrigued me and I want to give it a try.

I'm sad to find out that Russian River is not available in Texas. Can anyone who is familiar with Russian River give me a similar beer that may be available in Texas for me to try. I have had a Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale. Just not sure how close this would be to Temptation.

Want to try it to see for sure I like the beer and then to make sure when I'm brewing it that I get close.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with Russian River, but if you're looking for sour beers available in Texas, look for Duchess du Bourgogne or Rodenbach Grand Cru. If you're close to Austin, go visit Jester King and try their line up of sour beers. Prairie Somewhere from Oklahoma is another good sour that I find here in Dallas all the time too.

I'm not familiar with Russian River, but if you're looking for sour beers available in Texas, look for Duchess du Bourgogne or Rodenbach Grand Cru. If you're close to Austin, go visit Jester King and try their line up of sour beers. Prairie Somewhere from Oklahoma is another good sour that I find here in Dallas all the time too.

Thanks. I'm in Dallas so I'll check those out.

Those beers are not at all close to Temptation, probably closer to Supplication but still RR is much more sour than it is leathery/funky. It is not a Flanders Red.

Not sure it I've ever had a beer like Temptation before, sorry I can't suggest anything...

Back