Beer served hot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944play

Reaction score
Okay, so probably the 120 proof bourbon earlier in the evening had something to do with this, but hear it out.

Saturday, I brought a growler of my GP/Chinook SMaSH to my GF's, even though it had only been carbonating for 2 days. It was still foggy and undercarbed, but very zippy and balanced. I commented that this beer would be better if it was a little warmer, like a cask ale. GF put about a quarter cup in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, and it came out at probably ~115ºF...

It was incredible hot! A pleasant medicinal herb tea thing came out, and the low carbonation was still there. So good, we put the rest of the growler through the microwave in small quantities.

Any experiences in this area?

Okay, so probably the 120 proof bourbon earlier in the evening had something to do with this, but hear it out.

Saturday, I brought a growler of my GP/Chinook SMaSH to my GF's, even though it had only been carbonating for 2 days. It was still foggy and undercarbed, but very zippy and balanced. I commented that this beer would be better if it was a little warmer, like a cask ale. GF put about a quarter cup in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, and it came out at probably ~115ºF...

It was incredible hot! A pleasant medicinal herb tea thing came out, and the low carbonation was still there. So good, we put the rest of the growler through the microwave in small quantities.

Any experiences in this area?

Malt and hop tea? You got me on this one buddy, i know some taste much better at 55 degrees, but i sure never though to heat a beer to 115...:mug:

In Poland for example, they serve hot beer regularly. They actually heat it during winter, and it's an excellent warming drink during cold nights along with mulled wine.

I didn't like it, but have seen people drink it one after another. It's really cool how you can warm up your cold hands holding a hot mug of beer :)

I didn't like the bitterness of the hot beer, because it becomes kinda different, much more harsh....

When I didnt have a fridge yet I drank My beer at what ever the garage temp was.
Pabst at 120 aint as bad as it sounds

Back