Beer Pouches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Beer Pouches

What exactly is going on here.... :cross:

quote: "CarboPouches are pouches made to be filled with delicious life-nectar. They were designed by the Beverage Pouch Group (not to be confused with Capri-Sun) for nanobreweries (read: you) that don't want to invest in expensive bottling equipment."

Huh? Bottles, caps and capper never set me back much....

Bottling/canning equipment is VERY EXPENSIVE for a brewery, I dont think "we" are the target

I was thinking about that after the fact, but you know to mass fill those things they still need automation equipment right? And I wouldn't doubt such a device has more problems trying to hold onto the flimsy container then tried and true bottler.

Just seems weird.

Kind of an interesting concept, think I'll stick to glass though.

There are plenty of places where glass isn't allowed. This would be awesome for a camping trip. Just fill a few off a tap, and you're good to go. I wouldn't want to condition in these or anything, but as a replacement to a growler, I see nothing wrong. Yes, glass is prettier, but having a growler in your backpack on a camping trip seems a bit weighty.

And here I thought this was a cartoon:

pvp20090608.gif

It does look like this:

beer%20pouches.jpg

This wouldn't be bad for picnics, but a camel-back is simple enough and one gallon beer boxes are easy to find.

carboPouchArt2.jpg

There are plenty of places where glass isn't allowed. This would be awesome for a camping trip. Just fill a few off a tap, and you're good to go. I wouldn't want to condition in these or anything, but as a replacement to a growler, I see nothing wrong. Yes, glass is prettier, but having a growler in your backpack on a camping trip seems a bit weighty.

I use 20oz, 1 liter and 2 liter PET bottles. They are very light weight and a carbonator cap lets you give them a zap of CO2 as needed.

:rockin:

Latest posts

Back