Beer nerds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, not really.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/devils-backbone-vienna-lager/95540/

Number one selling beer in my state last summer, over BMC.

It's a very nice beer, but being a nice, easy-drinking lager the beer snob crowd will never give it a lot of love. But still, it sells like crazy.

From the outside looking in, it might seem like internet beer reviewers have a lot of power, but most people do not look up beers on the internet when buying them. If ratebeer really carried so much power, no one would make session ales, and everything would be an imperial barrel-aged whatever.

I wasn't talking about sales of individual beers as much as an entire company. I know that when I am out of town and want to grab a beer, I use the ratebeer places app to find a local brewery to visit. If there is more than one, guess which one I go and spend money at?

I wasn't talking about sales of individual beers as much as an entire company. I know that when I am out of town and want to grab a beer, I use the ratebeer places app to find a local brewery to visit. If there is more than one, guess which one I go and spend money at?

The one with the lower rating?

Yeah ratebeer and such are fine sites but they don't affect sales negatively too much JMO. Lots of other things do.

I agree with you. Granted, there are some jackwagons on the review sites and UnTapped who seem determined to find flaws in every beer they drink That said, most reviewers I come across seem to treat a beer as innocent until proven guilty. If a certain beer, brewery, or beer bar gets a ton of bad reviews, there is probably a reason for it.

Back