Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the designs in the software. I do have a question tho....

I made up a couple of labels and tried to print them off on my O-L-D laser jet to see what size they were and what Avery Labels I should buy. Well.. the labels showed up as, I believe, 6 or 8 per sheet. It totally overwhelmed the memory of my printer.

So, I saved them as a .pdf. However, when I went to print that pdf.. it printed one label.. but the label was a full 8.5x11.

If I saved this to a chip and take it to Kinko's.. will they be able to use this seemingly huge file and make it work on the Avery labels? Say 8/page?

I made a label for mead I'm taking for Christmas dinner.

BeerLabel.jpg

a thousand thanks for creating this site!

my dad came to visit me in phoenix a few weeks ago and on his trip, he wanted to brew a father/son beer. his birthday is in a couple weeks so i was hoping to slap some labels on a case of bottles and ship them to him, as a surprise of course. searching around for how to create labels for homebrew, i'm thankful to have found the beer labelizer!

as a side note, i posted a photo of all the bottles of our batch on facebook and my dad replied, "looking good! anxious to hear how it turns out." i can't wait to hear how surprised he is when he opens the box and pulls out a bottle with our awesome label on it!!!

For those of you who have sizing issues, this is what I do when I use this site. After saving the label to my PC, I first rename it with a .jpg extention so that my editing software will recognize it. Then I resize the image from 72dpi to 300dpi, then to the size I want for the bottle. Typicallly, about 4.9" high works well for a 22oz bottle. Then I save the image at its new size, then print and spray some adhesive on the back and apply to the bottle.

First the online label maker is great, and alot of fun to play with. I was wondering if you had thought of having a round size. I thought 3/4" labels would be a good start. Cheap and no labels to remove.

Look at this. After just a bit of tweeing with Irfanview (free) I did this for my second beer batch ever. This is sized to fit on a 3/4" label.

BeerLabel.jpg

Absolutely awesome. Will be using this in the future after I contribute. Won't feel right unless I chip in. Thanks for the site.

So the reason I have been a bit quiet when it comes to making new labels for the Beer Labelizer is because I've been making a Jam Labelizer for my girlfriend and her crafty jam making friends. But not to worry i'll be back designing beer labels soon.

JAM LABELIZER

jamlabelizer.jpg

So the reason I have been a bit quiet when it comes to making new labels for the Beer Labelizer is because I've been making a Jam Labelizer for my girlfriend and her crafty jam making friends. But not to worry i'll be back designing beer labels soon.

Might as well buy winelabelizer.com while you're at it!

Nice work, now if I wasn't so damn lazy I'd bottle and label my homebrew!

Is there such a thing of the anti-static labels to use with this so they just peel off? They are vinyl I think.

Gee, I wish I could join in the revelry, but sadly I cannot get the page to open. Any ideas? Perhaps it's my connection. Anyone else having a problem with connecting?

Gee, I wish I could join in the revelry, but sadly I cannot get the page to open. Any ideas? Perhaps it's my connection. Anyone else having a problem with connecting?

I've used it, and liked it. But you are right, it is currently unavailable. I hope its just temporary.

I look at people's labels here and really do get angry at myself for not being as artistic as my brewing colleagues. Your site is not a replacement for creativity and talent, but it saves my a$$...

Thanks for doin hacks like me a solid,

BTW, I don't see why the Jam labels wouldn't work on a beer bottle. I'm going to buy that premium membership.

Hey Andy!

This is freaking awesome! I've never done labels before, but I am making beers for a wedding coming up. Thankfully I have another year and a half to prefect my craft. Ill 2nd what some others here are saying in that it would be awesome if we could put a label on the neck.

If you are looking for anti static labels you should give this website a look. http://www.BeerClings.com

Andy - Seems like you could reach out to the beer cling guys....

Your designs + Their printed vinyl re-usable labels = Winner!

Could be a beautiful partnership. I would buy those for brews that I repeat, and download the designs (to print on regular, non-reusable paper labels) for experimental or one-time brews.

Andy - Seems like you could reach out to the beer cling guys....

Your designs + Their printed vinyl re-usable labels = Winner!

Could be a beautiful partnership. I would buy those for brews that I repeat, and download the designs (to print on regular, non-reusable paper labels).

YES!!! Seconded bigtime!!!

Hey Guys,

I've designed and built a new label. It's a shield style label with image upload functionality.

I've also introduced a pro account. I'm charging a one off fee ($5) to get access to all the labels forever. The idea here is that hopefully I get a few people paying and that will allow me to build lots more awesome features & labels. Like neck labels, back labels, etc.

Don't worry if the idea of paying $5 doesn't appeal to you. I still have 4 of the label designs that are free to use. So you can still have nice looking home brew even without paying.

Cheers
Andy

http://www.beerlabelizer.com

kiwiana.jpg

This is amazing! Just want I want. I will gladly pay the $5 for it.

Anyway you can add a little more customization to the labels? Such as change some background colors on shields, etc?

Well, I was planning to use one of your labels for my first batch, which I bottled last weekend. I logged on today and saw the label I wanted to use required a Premium Membership. So, I signed up. $5 for you. Woot! Great job on the labels, I've already planned out which one I'll use for my 2nd batch.

Andy these are great....just finishing brewing my first homebrew. Paid the $5 without a second thought. Looking forward to see what you add later....wife intrigued with the Jam Labelizer though some of those labels could even work for beer too. Strong work.

Back