Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giggity.jpg

I also printed with a white box around the labels. I would be fine with eliminating the center label to avoid that.

Hey thanks for all the feedback guys. I thought I had eliminated the white box problem. You are right I think I will have to remove the middle label to prevent this.

It sounds like a lot of you want an export file format. Would Jpg Ok? I can't export gif but I can export jpg.

Cheers Andy

Letter size paper :)

I totally forgot that you do not like the metric system in the USA. I will update the application so the labels can print on both letter size and A4.

Please let me know if there is a certain style of label you would like. I'm currently having a think about what the next design should look like.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I look forward to updates on your site. Thank you so much. Wish I had a bit of a clue as to how to create something like this. Keep up the good work and thanks again.:mug:

PghBrew -

I put my labels on a USB and have Staples, Office Max, or Kinkos (I've used all of them) print them on a Color Lazer printer on self adhesive label paper. With condensation, ink doesn't bleed.

I soak the bottles for a day in just water and everything comes off.

OK guys, again thanks for all this feedback. It's really helping me improve the site. I can't say how much it helps having a crowd of people who are keen and provide such clear feedback. I have updated the site so your labels should now fit on US letter paper as well as A4. I have also adjusted the amount of labels per page so you shouldn't have that issue on older printers where one label overlaps the others. I will add the save to file (jpg) function next time I have a chance to work on the site. Unfortunately I have to do real work now, so I might not have time to do that for a few days.

Outstanding! I also second a lot of the feedback. On the label I printed, the ABV and volume print so small they're almost unreadable - maybe bump up the font a little?

Keep up the great work. I'll be bookmarking this site & coming back often.

Okay I have now added the ability to export a label as a Jpeg for all those people who do not have printers at home. Below is an example Jpeg exported from the site. You can see its nice high quality.

BeerLabel.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

Great Program! I Love the labels so far. I don't know if anybody else has had trouble printing the labels that come with six on the page. My printer refuses to print the square labels with the ed hardy Gothic style text on them going in a diagonal direction and the faded repeated print in the background. Hopefully its an esay fix, or my computer printer is just dumb..one of the two

Great site!

Just a small detail; in your template that has a dark green/yellowish background (the one that has the text embedded into the background), the font you use for the Beer Name and Beer Type doesn't like the letter "W".

Great idea, awesome work! I usually put a Born On Date on my labels, I just put it in the 2nd tag line instead of my name.

Awesome! I'm a bit new and have been struggling with the label thing - I'm not too creative, and not computer literate enough to design anything really good. Thank you for sharing!!

Just another quick comment - The brown label (3 left clicks from the one that loads originally) doesn't like "Y".

Thanks again!

It seems that the label with the brown background with white and yellow font does not like the lowercase uvwxyz in the white "fancy" font. Otherwise, awesome

Hi guys thanks for all the great feedback. I think I have now fixed the issue with the diagonal writing label, it should now be fine with the letters "uvwxyz". I have to do some real work now, but i'm starting to plan my next label design. Do you have any preferences for a type of label design you would like to see next. Vertical text? Another shield shape design? Circle design?

I love it man. Should make thw label with the crown a little different. Like make a clip art libary you can choose from or somethinf like that. Otherwise a AWESOME site

Amazing work, just amazing. It took me months to get my labels just right on Adobe Illustrator, and I still struggle with that program making variations. This is an awesome way to print out some quick labels that look great. Thank you, just great work!

This Rocks

You should add a link for people to donate via paypal. I can see myself using this application and would like to opportunity to thank you for your work

This is pretty awesome! I can see this expanding with more variables and options. Among some things I would like to see:

More colors for backgrounds and text
More fonts
Option to place custom graphic in specific spots (don't know how hard this would be)

But it's already a kickass app.

Awesome job.

Some suggestions:

1. A free text back label.
2. Another label section for the beer name. It'd be nice if you could have the "brewery" name, the name of the beer, and then the style that beer is. So I could have something like
Foo Brewing
Zendo Imperial
Russian Imperial Stout

I know the other labels can kinda be used for the extra info, but it'd be nice if those three bits of info were integrated into the main part of the label.

I have noticed that a lot of people are printing the rectangular labels. I also had a look through this forum and people are designing a lot of modern looking labels. So I introduce my latest label for the beer labelizer, its a wood grain background with angled stencil writing. I hope you guys like it.

wood.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

Just tossing this idea out there, would it be possible to share the source code/ format (or whatEver it's called). This way people could develop there own label and then send the code to you, you could review and upload the good ones.

Could be a really good way to build your library.

I don't know if there are any problems with this idea, or if you would want to do it, but I'm throwing it out there.

At any rate. Awesome site

I have noticed that a lot of people are printing the rectangular labels...

Cutting out non-rectangular shapes with scissors is a huge drag. I've done it once and never again. What I do now is print all the irregular shaped labels on a beer bottle colored, brown background. Then I just cut a rectangle shape and stick it on, brown background and all. If you get the background close enough to the bottle color it looks fine.

I have been hesitant about gluing labels on plastic bottles. After seeing these labels, I want to do it.

A small issue…
Why does the yellow border not show up in the label’s Jpeg, but is on the bottle?
Here is mine BTW: After I spent a little time fixing it. Also, it is a lot smaller size file than the original. Good enough for a label though.
BeerLabel3-1.jpg

I have been hesitant about gluing labels on plastic bottles. After seeing these labels, I want to do it.

A small issue…
Why does the yellow border not show up in the label’s Jpeg, but is on the bottle?

Here is mine BTW: After I spent a little time fixing it. Also, it is a lot smaller size file than the original. Good enough for a label though.
BeerLabel3-1.jpg

Hmm this is unusual that you didn't get the yellow border. I tried exporting the jpeg on my own computer and it had the yellow border. I also tried printing and the yellow border showed up. I wonder if it is something to do with your computer. Let me know if other people have the same problem.

The site is awesome; thanks so much for creating it and sharing. Here are a few links to commercial beer labels that I like:

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/312_urban_wheat_ale/16.php

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/demolition/92.php

http://www.rogue.com/beers/single-malt-ale.php

http://www.rogue.com/beers/morimoto-soba-ale.php

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2010/04/05/daily15.html

http://odellbrewing.com/beers/woodcut

http://beernews.org/2010/06/bristol-yellow-kite-pils-a-unique-approach-to-unveiling-a-beer/
(don't like the brown background, but do like the blue/yellow and diamond shape)

I wouldn't expect you to copy any of those, but they may help with ideas.

Latest posts

Back