Beer Label and Cap Projects...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toastermm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the past year, I have been saving beer caps and labels (the ones that stay intact when cleaning bottles). I have a lot now.

Inventory:
~2000 Bottle Caps.
~ 500 Labels of all different sizes.

My plan for the Bottle caps has been to make a mosaic eventually. So what I've done is scan in all the different types of bottle caps I have and make a note of how much I have of each. I have a mosaic photo creator software (free from the internet, just search for mosaic software), and I can tell it to make a mosaic. Poof! done.

BUT, I haven't done that yet, because I'm not sure what picture I want to make, or what I want to make it on.

Anyways, has anyone else done anything with these? Any ideas?

I did this on an old table. There was no design just a random assortment of the caps I have collected. I just used a hot glue gun to hold them in place (used ~1000 caps to cover the table). I was going to use a self leveling resin to make it nice and smooth but did not so I can replace caps as I get new ones. Just an idea for the caps. As for the labels I was trying to find a good way to use them as well...maybe cover a wall with beer label wall paper?

Yes I would love to cover all the walls in a basement- when I have a house eventually and the money to install a bar.

I am using this websites free mosaic software by the way:
AndreaMosaic Home Page

But I remember a while back there was someone who covered a dartboard case in labels, but I can't remember who/when. How would someone do that? Glue them on? Soak them in Elmers glue? I guess you can't really pour epoxy over a wall...

If you use epoxy to seal the caps it has to be a table or something that can be laid horizontal. As for putting them on a dart board, I would just use hot glue. Simple and cheap

I would love to see some pics of that when you get it done. I have been thinking of doing something similar with caps.

Yes I would love to cover all the walls in a basement- when I have a house eventually and the money to install a bar.

I am using this websites free mosaic software by the way:
AndreaMosaic Home Page

But I remember a while back there was someone who covered a dartboard case in labels, but I can't remember who/when. How would someone do that? Glue them on? Soak them in Elmers glue? I guess you can't really pour epoxy over a wall...

Thanks for the link. My bartop is going to look something similar to this when it's done (still collecting caps).

odiferouslogoMosaic.jpg

Back