beer into kegs but late

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
I brewed a few batches early January and have had them fermenting in primaries since. They are all ales. I was meaning to pull them out and into kegs a super long time ago, but life got busy and it was put on a back burner and just forgotten about. So if it tastes bad, well its my own fault, but im going to try em out anyway.

I am moving in two weeks, and the thought of moving full glass carboys in a car is kind of scary(like ten miles away). I was thinking of siphoning them into the 5gal corny kegs I have, but not set them up to co2 or put them in a fridge or anything (I have all the parts but havent assembled my kegerator yet) and just transporting them in the kegs, and then building the kegerator at the new house.

If i pour it in, should i try and clear all the oxygen out of the kegs first or anything or should i just siphon in, close the lid, and go.

Thanks in advance

I brewed a few batches early January and have had them fermenting in primaries since. They are all ales. I was meaning to pull them out and into kegs a super long time ago, but life got busy and it was put on a back burner and just forgotten about. So if it tastes bad, well its my own fault, but im going to try em out anyway.

I am moving in two weeks, and the thought of moving full glass carboys in a car is kind of scary(like ten miles away). I was thinking of siphoning them into the 5gal corny kegs I have, but not set them up to co2 or put them in a fridge or anything (I have all the parts but havent assembled my kegerator yet) and just transporting them in the kegs, and then building the kegerator at the new house.

If i pour it in, should i try and clear all the oxygen out of the kegs first or anything or should i just siphon in, close the lid, and go.

Thanks in advance

Transfer the beer from the primairy in to the kegs...add priming sugar so that they start to carb up, then within 2 weeks set up your kegerator and enjoy...transferring them in the primary will stir up dead yeast causing off flavors...additionally the splashing around will start the oxidation process.

Back