Beer in Raleigh-Durham Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroomVikin

Reaction score
I'm traveling this weekend and will be overnighting in Durham, NC. Understanding that Asheville is where I really want to be but knowing that it's just too far out of the way, are there any "can't miss" breweries or taprooms in the vicinity that I should take a trip to? I'll be coming from ATL so I assume the distribution is very similar but is there anything local that I should look for that I might not be able to find in the Dirty South?

Been a few years but there's a decent brew pub behind the convention center in a old building that has good stuff. Great BBQ place right down the street with a good tap list. Very good bottle shop downtown a few blocks from Marriott. Lots of local bars feature local brews. Sorry I can't remember more specifics.

That place look really cool. I'll have to see if I can spare the time to get over there. I'll actually be just north of Durham.

If you want to eat there it’s difficult to get reservations — the food is great though. They do have a full bar though if you just want to go for beer.

In Durham i’d recommend Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending (in RTP, not downtown Durham) and also Fullsteam (downtown).

Back