Beer in primary for months, still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevet

Reaction score
Hey folks, a fellow brewer once told me to bottle or keg everything you make, even if you think something might be wrong.
I have 5gal of saison and 5 gal of a blonde that have been in the primary for 4or5 months. Do I take the time to bottle?
Everything seems to be fine.

Go for it. I don't make it standard practice, but I've found myself short of time once or twice and didn't bottle a couple beers until they had been in primary for several months. They still turned out really good.

Hey folks, a fellow brewer once told me to bottle or keg everything you make, even if you think something might be wrong.

I agree with this advice. It definitely won't hurt you, and there's a really good possibility that it will be delicious.

I figured that was the case, but needed some reassurance.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers

Yea, the only time you don't want to bottle something is if it's infected, in case you get something in there that can super-attenuate the beer and give you bottle bombs. Kegs can take it, though, so if it's infected and tastes good, sure throw it in a keg.

Latest posts

Back