Beer for football season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Curious what everyone is currently brewing to have during football season! I have a session ipa and apple spice ale on tap. Getting ready to brew a kolsch and I hope I can have it kegged by week 1. Best time of the year.

American wheat, Pale ale, Vienna lager and stout. Trying to keep the ABVs down, so I can make it to the night game. Brewing helps ease the wait till football season.

Right now I have a blonde, blood orange blond, the remains of last year's O'fest, and a Blind Pig clone on tap. New O'fest (brewed slightly weak at 1.049) in the fermenter.

Trying to decide what to brew next, as the old O'fest and the blonde are both close to kicking and I'll need some beers to turn around quickly. Might do a kolsch as well, and then a Rye Pale Ale using the kolsch yeast as I've heard good things about that yeast for American ales and haven't tried it yet.

Got a Pliny Clone fermenting, will do a blueberry sour.

I did a test batch of Bohemian Lager this summer that was well received (it provides a pleasant low-octane time-out between the 3 neipas and juice bomb apa I have on tap) and will do another batch shortly...

Cheers!

As usual my blonde and I am fermenting a Amber that will be hopped like a Bitter! I still need something porterish or a Stout!

that citra cerveza in the recipes database is god dam amazing

Have done this with Citra, mosaic, as well as Nelson. Also did a couple extra bottles with passion fruit that my wife loves.

Doing a Rye IPA this weekend, next up will be a 10 gallon batch of an APA split into two fermenters, then hopped differently. Those with what I already have should keep me going for a while, will probably do a Centennial Blonde after that. Starting to plan something for Big Game Sunday as well.

Back