Beer flavour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adyb

Reaction score
So since upgrading my fermenter to an allrounder and doing closed transfers, I seem to no longer be getting any hop flavour in my beers, I still get some Aroma but I'm a bit stumped as to why. I did change the cleaner & sanitiser and also changed to using brausol special as finnings at the same time. I was previously using a plastic bucket and auto syphon and had great results but found really hoppy beers would become oxidised after a while which is why I upgraded but now my beers have no taste. Anyone have any thoughts suggestions?

I was previously using a plastic bucket and auto syphon and had great results but found really hoppy beers would become oxidised after a while
Brew smaller batches of hoppy beers so you have them drunk up before they become oxidized and brew them as often as needed.

Are you adding the dry hops under pressure, or using an airlock/blowoff? I'm eagerly waiting for my all-rounder to arrive this weekend and have been watching all the videos I can find on it. Pressure is supposed to keep the volatile hop oils from flying away with the co2 coming out of the airlock/blowoff, thus keeping the hop flavor/aroma in the beer where it belongs.

Are you adding the dry hops under pressure, or using an airlock/blowoff? I'm eagerly waiting for my all-rounder to arrive this weekend and have been watching all the videos I can find on it. Pressure is supposed to keep the volatile hop oils from flying away with the co2 coming out of the airlock/blowoff, thus keeping the hop flavor/aroma in the beer where it belongs.
I've been adding dry hops towards the end of active fermentation, and then purging. So that any o2 is scrubbed.

Back