Beer Citizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrwb33

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this app for android and iPhone.
It lets you log beers you drink and take tasting notes. I just got it and had to share.

Also Untappd is pretty cool and along the same lines but with not as much detail.

add me: andrwb33

I've been using BrewGene. Its not bad but it recommendations are a bit out of whack but very beneficial when I am at the beer store shopping as it has a "watch list" for beers I want to try. All of the beer stats are right there on my phone.

Not the best app but for free it can't be beat.

Thanks for trying out the app and spreading the word! With the Beer Citizen site and apps, we're trying to do something different from what other apps/sites are doing (though there's certainly some crossover, which people want/expect). With the trait-intensity-based reviews (using sliders), we're building a new set of data about what beers are actually like, not just how much they're liked. As more reviews are entered, we'll be rolling out some cool new ways of helping you compare and discover beers. In the meantime, a beer's profile effectively shows you what everyone thinks of a beer all at a glance, which is helpful when assessing a beer. Also relevant to this site/forum, you can add your own home brews, and when your friends try them, you can see how the opinions add up among your lucky testers. Anyway, I hope you try and enjoy the app... we'd love to hear your feedback once you've tried it out. Cheers!

Beer Citizen is the best beer review app I have come across.
Infact I prefer it to Beer Advocate, hands down!

The flavour profile statistics are great, and don't influence the overall review...
This is absolutely stellar, because some beers are better or worse than the sum of their parts...
It is great to not be disappointed at the overall rating of a brew just because i didn't give enough stars in the appearance category...

The rest of the app is not bad either.
I am able to keep track of different beers by placing them in different lists, upload photos, and give brews quick ratings without engaging in a full out review.

This is a must try app, that I heartily reccomend.

Back