Beer Brewing Calender

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdknuc2

Reaction score
Designing seasonal brews takes a lot of thought and planning months in advance. I was wondering how far in advance are seasonal brews planned/prepared and what would your "Brewing Calender" look like. I usually try and brew my beers about 2 months before I would like to enjoy them and want to know how others prepare!!

Jan:
Feb:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
December:

My only seasonal brews are for the New York Rangers. So I'll brew a home beer and an away beer in time for the first games. Normally I like to do a winter grand cru and brew in November/December and bottle around New Years

I started brewing according to the calendar 6 months ago or so. I have Wee heavy, American Dark Ale, Dubbel, Dunkelweizen, Irish Red, Bourbon Cherry Oak Quad in the beer fridge right now. Brewing a German Pils and Dunkel next, maybe a smoked IPA, then Maibock for spring / early summer. Then Blonde, IPA, Maybe a Rauchbier late sumer, dark beers again for winter.

It's awesome having season appropriate brew to enjoy, almost like having a pub in the basement.

Here's my seasonal schedule:

2014 Brew Schedule
Jan: Stout/Irish Red
Feb: Ocktoberfest
March: IPA
Apr: Mexican Lager
May: Kolsch/Alt
Jun (1): Blue Moon/Hefe
Jun (2): Pale Ale/Bitter/Cali Common
Jul: IPA
Aug: Tripel
Sep: Pumpkin Ale/Saison
Oct: Belgian XMAS
Nov: Coffee Porter
Dec: IIPA

I've posted this before. batches are arranged around brew club monthly competitions 10 months out of the year

165286d1386701592-you-know-youre-home-brewer-when-brew-log.jpg

Back