Beer Bars in Elgin, IL???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I was there, I went to the Elgin public house in the downtown area. It has a great selection of beers and some pretty good food too. I guess there's also a German themed gasthaus around there too, but I never got a chance to check it out.

If you come a few miles south to St. Charles there is an awesome bar/restaurant called The St Charles Tap House. They have a Tom of local brews on tap plus several other craft beers on tap. The food is excellent also.

The last time I was there, I went to the Elgin public house in the downtown area. It has a great selection of beers and some pretty good food too. I guess there's also a German themed gasthaus around there too, but I never got a chance to check it out.

Thanks. Looked those up on yelp, they seem promising.

If you come a few miles south to St. Charles there is an awesome bar/restaurant called The St Charles Tap House. They have a Tom of local brews on tap plus several other craft beers on tap. The food is excellent also.

Cool...my parents live in Oswego, same as those guys it appears.

While I wouldn't go there specifically for craft beers, there is a fun place in Dundee, IL called Bandito Barney's. My band has played there several times. They do a killer Mai Tai. Probably more of a summer bar, it is great when the patio is open.

acidrain23 said:
While I wouldn't go there specifically for craft beers, there is a fun place in Dundee, IL called Bandito Barney's. My band has played there several times. They do a killer Mai Tai. Probably more of a summer bar, it is great when the patio is open.

Bandito Barney's is also a great place to go if you are looking to get sauced and not remember what you did the night prior. I spent much of my early 20's being asked to leave that place. I am surprised it is still open. Does it still have the cheesy pink, purple and yellow fence set up?

A few more miles south and you could visit the Two Brothers Roundhouse. Great food and they brew all if their beer there. I see you're from Frankfort so you are probably already familiar with Two Brothers.

I'll second the two Brothers brewpub in Warrenville

As someone from the Frankfort area who moved up to St. Charles, nothing I have found comes close to Tribes Alehouse in Mokena. You lucky bastard.

Yeah, been to two brothers on several occasions since two brothers bought it and tons of times when it was Payton's. I actually found a sweet bottle shop in Elgin. Geno's liquors. Better selection than Binny's and cheaper.

I go to Tribes almost weekly since I live in Frankfort. Blarney Stone in Oak Forest is a close second.

I go to Elgin to A) see family and B) go to Gino's. The first time I walked into that place, my jaw hit the floor. It's a little bit of heaven for beer geeks. I'm planning on heading out there this weekend.

Back