Beer and Gas Line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iafarmre

Reaction score
Is there a specific type of line required for the beer and gas lines in a kegerator? I've deduced that 3/16" is best for the beer line and 5/16" is good for the gas line, but is there anything else specific about the lines required to be used in the kegerator? As long as it's food grade is the line ok to use?

Rather than monkey with different types, I just use 3/16' ID x 1/8" wall beer line for beer and gas. It's low pressure after the regulator, so you don't need anything too special for the gas side.

1/4 inch lines for everything. I do have a few ball lock connections that have 5/16 barbed fittings, but I can get the 1/4 inch lines on it if I heat the line in hot water.

I'm another firm believer in 3/16" lines and 1/4" barbs for everything. Clamps become redundant insurance and you'll never have a leak. Also, changes will be simple when everything is standard.

Back