Beer and Brewing Magazines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cormano

Reaction score
I got a subscription to Draft last year because it was $5 on Amazon. I like the magazine, but they pretty much post the whole thing online and it will be much more expensive to re-up. I've gotten used to getting a beer magazine, though and would like to get another one for 2016. One magazine is about all I can realistically keep up with, though so what should I get?

Leaving Zymurgy out because we should all already be getting that, the obvious choices are BYO, All About Beer and Beer and Brewing. I'm open to others of course, but what would you guys recommend?

BYO, hands down. It covers so many different aspects of brewing, from all grainers to extract. They answer questions many home brewers have, & list some great recipes as well. Having done brews from all extract to pb/pm biab, it does make it easier to convert AG recipes to PM in my case, anyway. Advertisements for lots of good stuff we all use as well. Interviews with home brewers & craft brewers alike to get insights on certain beers of the current subject.:mug:

I also forgot to mention that they have special additions with a ton of recipes in them for clones & such, etc. Midwest gave me the " 250 classic clone recipes", a $10 value free once. They do recipes like that in the regular mag as well. so much good stuff in there to try & remember...:ban:

I snagged a copy of Craft Beer and Brewing last week and I like it because it has technique info and also provides info on what's going on in the craft beer industry.

I snagged a copy of Craft Beer and Brewing last week and I like it because it has technique info and also provides info on what's going on in the craft beer industry.

I'll second Craft Beer & Brewing

Glorious print, book like binding, widely different subjects with some at the root of 'da Craft Beer business. They have an excellent ratings section in the back of each issue. It's only bi-monthly which leaves you 'wanting' a few weeks for the next issue. Pricey $$

Draft lost my subscription. The topics were far away pubs and brews I could not obtain. The print was way small, too small for late night browsing.

I'll forever be a BYO subscriber . . . . just saying.

'da Kid

With Zymurgy, BYO, and Homebrewtalk I have all the great recipes, advice, and interesting articles I'll ever need. I love the featured recipes from craft breweries in BYO. Firestone Walker in the last issue...Wooky Jack here I come!:rockin:

while not a beer magazine, the best drinks-related magazine in the world is Imbibe.

Really well put together product.

BYO, definitely. Hands down favorite.

Just to throw another one out there, beer related, is Beer Advocate. Nice monthly beer magazine, and if I recall, pretty inexpensive.

I'll second Craft Beer & Brewing

Glorious print, book like binding, widely different subjects with some at the root of 'da Craft Beer business. They have an excellent ratings section in the back of each issue. It's only bi-monthly which leaves you 'wanting' a few weeks for the next issue. Pricey $$

I'll add my vote to this one, for the same reasons. Beautiful print quality. And for those who cook, the recipes aren't too shabby either.
thumbup.gif

Back