Been a year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
Well last weakended since a did up a brew. I decided to do up a RIS. SG was at 1004 which is about where i wanted it and got a reading of gravity that would give a 13.6 percent alcohol. It still has to sit in fermenter another couple of weeks and then transfer to a keg and some bottles and let age i hope if i can paws off if it.

But i would say not brewing for a year did prett good just remembered all my steps.

Good day all. Well Kegged up the RIS. It was a Larry's Russian Imperial Stout from Homebrewing.org that is a take on the Bell's Expeditioin Stout. I have never tried that beer and was wondering if any of you have. I see I did a typo. The sg was actually 1.104 and fg was at 1.017. I put it all in a keg and purged and put a little pressure on it to keep lid sealed. It is sitting in the closet now and hope to keep it their until Christmas. I may take some of it out of keg and put in about 10 bottles and open one a month to see how well it is coming along. If I do that i guess I better go over to storage unit since I stuck all my bottles over their after I got my kegs.

I am restarting this hobby after 6 months... I would forget how at a year! Great job getting your feet wet again.

Yeah thanks guys. Yep a year is along time. Wife and I had medical issues come happen.

I always have a hard time waiting. Over a year ago i did a oak age imperial stout and was suppose to wait to pop its top yeah three months after i kegged i decided to try and really liked it. It was gone twi weeks after that.

I kept myself updated on practice by reading the forum so i would not forget. It gave me something to read other than books.

I went and got 11 bottles from storage shed. Bottled up ten tried 11 butt 11 bottle would not cap cause did not have a grosh cap for it so chilled it and having now even though not carbed. other bottles are stored now and will open one once a month to see how coming along so that way it can hopefully tell me what keg is doing.

20180324_155226.jpg

This one that did not get capped. It has a really nice roast smell to it. The taste is creamy and thick with the roasty taste with a coffeenesss taste to it even though not carbed up.

I am no beer sommelier and probably said wrong.

I like the wait is and can hardly wait gor keg.

Wife says i need to do up one that will be done quicker. So next will be my tangerine wheat i can have that ready in 3 weeks ready for my birtday and anniversary

Back