Beavertown recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philmac

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a recipe for either Gamma Ray, or preferably Neck Oil by Beavertown- they are incredible beers and i would really like to give them a go at home and try to make 24 litres of one of their brews. Their website gives the grain and hops.

Thanks!
Phil

Braindead- Gamma Ray is the next recipe i'm going to try.
i'd take that smogrocket recipe as well :)
Thanks!!

Still couldn't find a readable copy in that thread.
I guess It's the same as this one?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/601721/gamma-ray-apa

I have almost everything for that.
Will just need to sub the Bravo hops for something else and will use Carabelge instead of Caramalt.

Oh and normal Maris Otter or Golden Promise instead of Pale MO.

I will probably double the whirlpool hops too and cut the 60 min addition of Columbus by a few grams.

:off:
Common knowledge for most experience brewers but just a side note for anyone brewing a beer with so much dry hops for the first time. :

With all those hops in the dry hop I will do a few days cold crash for the first time. I brewed a different version of this last year and it took about 2 months in the bottle before it was drinkable which is not want you want from a hoppy beer that rapidly loses aroma.
One year later I'm having the same problem again with a DIPA and after a bit of research I realized it is probably due to hop material from the dry hop in suspension making the beer bitter/harsh. So I'll have to cold crash in the bottle and see if that helps.

I had already brewed a lot of hoppy dry hopped ales and dismissed the need to cold crash.
However it appears (for me anyway) that at a certain point as weight of dry hops per liter increases it becomes an issue.

The exact ratio depends on your process, yeast used, type of hops and a lot of other factors but for me once I approach something like 125g dry hop in a 19L batch then it becomes very significant.
Under 100g and the beer usually clears up within the 3 weeks of bottle conditioning.

Last edited:
Find recipe here

Attachments

• 4D68A155-E663-4E64-A441-9C351E0BB4F1.png
    4D68A155-E663-4E64-A441-9C351E0BB4F1.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 135
I’m going to give it a go as my. Ext brew, going to stick to the recipe first time and then if it’s not hoppy enough I’ll up it for next time

Quick question before i finally get this recipe ripping this weekend.
The boil volume is quite low- has anyone made any alterations to that or stuck with it?
Thanks!

That’s what I’ve been working on recently- very low boil volume for this one...

Back