BCS Not Connecting Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjap52

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today was supposed to be my first brew day on my new EBrewsupply BCS 482 Unit. This morning, I was making some tweaks to the processes/stages, and then realized I had lost connection to the BCS. This happened when I was upstairs making adjustments (nothing to the IP/connection settings) on my computer and not near the BCS unit in the basement.

Hoping for some suggestions in how to regain access. So far my troubleshooting steps have been:

1. Power cycle unit - no response after 5 min.
2. Power cycle router & unit.
3. Check BCS Finder to see if it was assigned a new IP.
4. Check router settings (my BCS address on the router says inactive).
5. Try to ping the unit with the router - 100% packet loss.

Some things to note: the ethernet indicator light on the BCS unit is flashing yellow, which I believe is good.
The lights on the other side of the BCS unit are red. Not sure what that means - I can't really see what the lights refer to due to the layout of the panel.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips?

Thanks!

Hi

I am having the same issue, did you find out what cause the problem?

Did you have the issue resolved?

Please let me know

Thanks

Hi

I am having the same issue, did you find out what cause the problem?

Did you have the issue resolved?

Please let me know

Thanks

Can you find the mac address of the BCS listed in your network router?
Have you entered the BCS's mac address in your router's DHCP Reservation section? This makes it real easy to find, since the IP address will always be the same.

The red light on the other side of the BCS is the power light.

I believe there is a bug with the BCS-482. If the process you are trying to tweak is already activated/enabled and you make a change it will cause the connectivity problem. It's documented here and here , which says to "The only recourse is to perform a reset to the factory default by pressing the Reset button on the BCS-482. Of course all configurations and processes are lost and have to be re-entered or restored from a backup."

AF1

Thank you so much for the information.
I had to do a system restore on the BCS lucky i backup frequently.
Thank you again

Back