BCBS tasting help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tend to overplan **** as well. not because i actually like planning, but because i'm like a ****ing child and get excited and obsessed and can't stop talking about it... It keeps me busy until the actual drinking goes down, where i promptly chuck the plan out the window, lose track of time, and end up with a hangover and a pissed off wife in the am.

oh well. ****'s fun.
mrw-i-step-out-of-a-crowded-elevator-after-i-just-farted-56783.gif

We did a similar tasting this summer with 6 people, as far as BCBS we ended up with Rare, Vanilla, 09 bomber, 2012 coffee and regular, bramble and cherry. We did all of the bombers blind and drank the regular 2012 first just to get a feel for the base.

We didn't experience a whole lot of palate fatigue, but even for 6 semi alcoholics, a bomber a piece was plenty. We ended up having a lot more beer left over than we thought, so we ended up doing a cuvee as well as made floats with vanilla ice cream after we tasted some more beers. I'd recommend adding 2-3 more people so you don't end up bastardizing bcbs like we did.

Although, floats and a cuvee isn't terrible if you're into that kind of thing.

what do you think was the best way to go about the blind tasting, i know everyone has different methods and i never did one before, but the stout tasting im throwing together is gonna be probably 3-4 of us....obviously you're gonna know what you're pouring into the glasses, maybe mix and match and change it up with whoever is pouring so you dont know?

what do you think was the best way to go about the blind tasting, i know everyone has different methods and i never did one before, but the stout tasting im throwing together is gonna be probably 3-4 of us....obviously you're gonna know what you're pouring into the glasses, maybe mix and match and change it up with whoever is pouring so you dont know?

I had my girlfriend brown bag all of them so no one at the tasting had any idea what we were drinking as she wasn't around for it. As we did bcbs bombers only blind, we couldn't tell any difference in the bottles.

I had my girlfriend brown bag all of them so no one at the tasting had any idea what we were drinking as she wasn't around for it. As we did bcbs bombers only blind, we couldn't tell any difference in the bottles.
Well that makes sense. THE BOTTLES THEMSELVES ARE IDENTICAL.

:)

Srs.

We did a blind BCBS tasting, 07-13, only 12oz bottles. Split the seven bottles between five of us and by the end I could hardly tell a difference between the samples. I know at first taste I picked out the older ones but by the time I was done with my samples you could have easily fooled me.

On a side note, FOR SCIENCE, the cuvee of 07-13 poured into the same cup was amazing.

Trying to do something like this with additional variants would have absolutely necessitated more people. I wish we had 2-3 more people for what we did. Or, I wish we hadn't done a blind IPA tasting immediately before this...or had those sours before the IPA tasting...or that I hadn't started with a can of Heady...

Back