Bayou Classic Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulud

Reaction score
So apparently they now have a model with a ball valve already on the kettle. I have an older version that looks like the attached pic (has the spout that bends down). I have seen threads here where people have built their own from parts. Bayou now sells the ball valve separately and was wondering if anyone has done that?

Thanks

5572512147_fd576c120d.jpg

The model you're talking about has all 1/2" npt fittings. They typically require a 13/16" to 7/8" hole in your kettle to accommodate the bulkhead fittings. If you have this size hole or smaller in your current kettle, then you should be able to take any 1/2" npt bulkhead and ball valve assembly and attach it. I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself to buying the ball valve that Bayou Classic sells. Lots of people sell weldless bulkheads and ball valves. You could try Brew Hardware or Bargain Fittings. I've bought from both and have had good experiences. But feel free to shop around. Like I said, lots of places sell these parts.

I have the kettle in your picture, just without the spigot. I've drilled into these pots before and put all kinds of weldless fittings on them. It's no problem as long as you buy a step bit.

Back