Batch #110

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great day to brew! Have fun, George.

I don't number my batches, so I have no idea what number I'm on. I wish I had- it's so cool to know how many you've done.

I'm not doing anything today- just going to have my oldest grandson from noon until after dinner so I'm going to play like a 4-year-old. I think we'll catch a few frogs, and then let them go. That's almost as much fun as brewing, I think. :D

You know, you have me curious and I have many of my recipes since early 2007 on Beersmith (but not all). I counted them, and have 184 in one folder in Beersmith. They've all been brewed. I sometime should count the pages in my notebook, as I think most of them may be in there. I guestimate I'm well over 300 batches by now, and probably 100 of them 10 gallon batches. That's a LOT of beer! :drunk:

Yes indeed that is a lot beer Lorena ....

Its taken me 3 and half years to feel confident enough to brew a Belgian Ale. The feeling is the same as when I was a chef and I had to cook a dish I did not personally like for the first time I was very apprehensive. It is very difficult to get it right.
I am not particularity fond of Belgian Ales, so this will be a challenge. A friend asked me to brew one for him and I do like a challenge so I am going to give it a shot. Maybe it will be like wheat beers, I never had a wheat beer I can say I thought was great until a brewed a Dunkelweizen ... I was pleasantly surprised ay how good it was.

So here goes nothing!

Yes indeed that is a lot beer Lorena ....

Its taken me 3 and half years to feel confident enough to brew a Belgian Ale. The feeling is the same as when I was a chef and I had to cook a dish I did not personally like for the first time I was very apprehensive. It is very difficult to get it right.
I am not particularity fond of Belgian Ales, so this will be a challenge. A friend asked me to brew one for him and I do like a challenge so I am going to give it a shot. Maybe it will be like wheat beers, I never had a wheat beer I can say I thought was great until a brewed a Dunkelweizen ... I was pleasantly surprised ay how good it was.

So here goes nothing!

I don't love Belgians either. I thought, like making my own cheese, that if I made it myself I might like it better. Um, nope. Still don't like them. :D

I've only brewed three Belgians myself- two Belgian pale ales, one of which was a starter for a tripel. As a BJCP judge, I'd say that the tripel was a very good example of the style and probably could/should have been submitted to competition- but I personally still didn't like it much. :drunk:

Have fun brewing today!

I was really wanting to brew yesterday, but I went to Cadillac to help some friends with their remodel project. Then my drivers side window decided not to work! I drove home with about 9 miles of it in the hard rain, my hand out the window tapping time to the music, trying to make people believe I enjoyed it while my arm was freezing! So Kid and I took out the window and regulator and it started working again.

I do plan to brew this week if I can. As usual.

But no Belgian beer for me! I really want to brew up a nice lager.

Latest posts

Back