Bars/pubs near fenway park?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakis

Reaction score
What are some of the bars with really good beer selection near Fenway Park? Going there this summer to see the jays vs red sox series in July! Go jays Go!

Bukowski's is my fave but it is a 10 minute walk. Great selection though. Eastern Standard (in Kenmore) looks to have a good selection but is expensive. The Other Side Cafe looks good too but also a bit of a walk and not as good a selection as Bukowski's

The best beer selection in Boston will be at Sunset Grill and tap. It's on Brighton Ave, about 2 miles from fenway or so. They have a book of beer as the menu and is always changing. You really can't beat the hundreds of options for selection there. For a beer lover, it's one you can't miss.

A personal favorite of mine is Deep Ellum, just a couple blocks from Sunset. The menu isn't nearly as large, but it has some quality beers and a pretty cool atmosphere.

If you need to stay in the Fenway area, it's going to be full of bars that mostly serve your typical bar drinks. Bud light and the type. However, typical bars in Boston still always has multiple options of Harpoon, Sam Adams, and usually a few other good craft brew options. Boston is fairly spoiled in the beer world.

Enjoy your trip.

Bukowski's is where I go all the time before a Sox game. It is really convenient to Fenway. Deep Ellum is a great place but not "right there" if you're heading to the park.

I think the Other Side closed... i think... there was an article in the Globe a month or two ago saying they were closing.

... and I'll say what I always say about Sunset... I wouldn't drink in that place for free.

Boston Beer Works is reasonably solid and is right outside the park.

If you are looking for a few places a bit further away... Lord Hobo, MeadHall and CBC (Cambridge Brewing Co) are all a short walk from each other near the Kendall stop on the red line. All three are excellent.

Kinsale and Stoddards are right near Park St. Station. Ok places but they are right down in the Financial District.

Publik House is legendary but a bit out of the way from where you'll likely be.

So many to choose from:

Sunset is fantastic...but BBW is literally across from the entrance and is pretty good. I like Kinsale as well

Bukowski's is great for sheer numbers of beers on the menu. Their beer menu is like a novel.

For those who can't choose a beer you can choose to spin "THe Wheel of Indesicion" It has a bunch of beer names on it and whatever it lands on is what you get. Really fun when you are hammered and can't figure out what to drink next or you can't see the menu anymore.

Latest posts

Back