Barley Crusher Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfista

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had been pretty happy with my Barley Crusher as my first mill. However, it recently stopped causing grain. Upon inspection, I noticed the roller attached to the crank/drill was no longer attached to the opposite side (see highlight in photo), causing a wide gap. I had not looked at it that closely to see how the roller was attached, but I couldn't find that any piece had fallen off. Maybe the axel the roller is mounted on slid towards the drill side?

Support seems to be sketchy. Any thoughts on how to get this repaired myself or should I just start looking for a new mill?
14929386783_f6fd963249_o.jpg

Agree, send it in with a note explaining the problem. From reading threads where others have detailed their experiences, trying to contact the mfr. via email is hit or miss... mostly miss. However, when people have just packed it up and sent it in, they have typically received it back repaired in about 4 weeks or so.

I feel your pain - literally.

I just went through the same process at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/barley-crusher-issues-489449/.

Send it in with a note. It will take 3-4 weeks before you get it back. You'll get no follow-up and no repair information. You'll just get a box with your barley crusher inside. I don't know what was done to mine, but it works now.

Here's the address:

B C Products Enterprises Inc
430 Capac Rd
Berlin Mi

Good luck!

Thanks Everyone. I actually got a reply in less than 24h. I had it taken apart so it fit in a small flat-rate box so shipping was just $5.45. I'll have to find some help milling if it takes a month as I have a brew day coming up.

Back