Barley Crusher rollers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny Blanco

Reaction score
Got my BC a couple days ago and brewed today. When I first hooked it up and tested the crank both rollers were rolling away in perfect harmony. I then ran a pound of grain thru it as the directions said and discarded the grain. Both rollers....still rolling together when I crank.

After milling my first 12 pounds only one rolls now. Still works, though. This normal? I'm hoping it is since the company claims it will be "The last mill I'll ever own"

Got my BC a couple days ago and brewed today. When I first hooked it up and tested the crank both rollers were rolling away in perfect harmony. I then ran a pound of grain thru it as the directions said and discarded the grain. Both rollers....still rolling together when I crank.

After milling my first 12 pounds only one rolls now. Still works, though. This normal? I'm hoping it is since the company claims it will be "The last mill I'll ever own"

When barley crushers are initially put together they have an O ring on one roller that fits the gap between the two. Sooner or later this O ring will come off and only one roller will spin. Perfectly normal and expected.

Yes, that is safe to assume... the directions explain the O ring thing in good detail... dont you read directions? :D

As the others have stated, perfectly normal. My o-ring didn't last as long as yours did. Mine fell out on my first crush. I actually spotted it in my mashtun before I added the strike water and thought: "what the heck is this?" Then I read about it here and realized it's a non-issue. Dozens and dozen of batches later and my BC is still going strong.

Back