Banjo Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be prepared to have lower BTU output with Nat Gas, if you are hooking up to a preexisting home Nat Gas outlet I don't believe a regulator is necessary as it's already regulated to 8" WC, but check with your local gas supplier.

WC stand for Water Column, basically it is a way to measure pressure that is less than 1psi, all household gas appliances wether it be LP or Nat Gas are regulated to 11WC, LP or 8"WC for Nat Gas.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I am about ready to do something similar, switch out my propane fired jet burner for some NG banjo burners(using the Williams conversion orifice). I am doing this primarily to save money on propane, I like the small jet LP jet burners but they eat up the propane. Can anyone give me an estimate in BTU's differences between running a LP jet burner vs. a NG Banjo burner? It will be plumbed from 1/2" BBQ stub out that is off of a 3/4" main line about 60 feet from the meter. I brew 10 gallon batches am afraid that the NG Banjo burner won't give me enough BTU's to brew with in a timely manner..... Thoughts?

Back