Banjo burner delivered today - no threading for the jet and oxygen damper too tight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMan551

Reaction score
Just thought i'd throw this up here real quick to see if anyone had any hints or tricks I could try while I try and figure out how to return this thing.

I ordered a KAB4 off of Amazon, with the full intentions of using the burner out of it when I complete my brew stand. It arrived today, so I excitedly opened the box and set all my pieces out. Immediately I noticed two things:

1) The oxygen screen won't rotate. Its so tight I can barely get it to move. I spent some time trying to wear in the outside by forcing it to rotate, but it did not do much good.

2) When I decided to just get the jet installed so I could test fire it and set the damper, I noticed the jet would slide most of the way into its hole. I couldn't ever get it to thread, and i can more or less pull it out without much issue.

Inspecting the hole shows that there is threading, its just very faint. If I put the jet all the way in (without oxygen damper) I can twist it about 1/2 twist and get it to stick. However, this won't leave room for me to install the damper.

Anybody else seen this kind of issue with the banjos? I'm assuming this is not normal...but i've never played with these before. This thing weights a ton, and i'm very much not looking forward to having to repackage and haul it to the UPS store for a return.

Any advice, tips, tricks? Just call amazon or bayou and get an RMA?
Thanks for listening, cheers :mug:
JER

Back