Bananas foster mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought it would be a nifty thing to try. I have a batch of sweet mead going right now, thought I could get creative in secondary.
Would it work if I just racked it over caramelized bananas, cinnamon sticks, and a vanilla bean in a nut bag? I don't want to use "flavorings." They always taste way too artificial. Figure I could finish it off with some toasted walnuts and bourbon oak barrel chips. Thoughts?

You should try it. Then send me a bottle for evaluation. I’m be sure to give a review.
Thanks
I think it will be terrible. But you should try anyway. Dont taste it though, it s a known fact that mead poured over caramelized bananas has the propensity to create the Super zika ebola birdflu sars virus requiring special haz-mat disposal. Fortunately I have a specialty disposal unit that can handle just the task, so please send me your end-product for Safety.

And use Pecans instead of Walnuts so my throat doesn't get itchy. I mean so my uh disposal process doesn't uh smell like walnuts.

Sounds like a great idea. You might want to monitor the taste after a couple of weeks as the cinnamon might exert its flavor more than you imagine (depending, of course, on the number of sticks and the volume of the mead).

Latest posts

Back