ball lock to sanke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMan

Reaction score
Anyone know of a ball lock to sanke converter? I am having my wedding at a place that will serve my beer. All of their connections are sanke obviously, I would prefer to not have to buy a bunch of sanke equipment...I just want them to be able to plug in to my ball locks and serve.

Thanks!

nothing simple , you're going to have to disconnect their lines (they may not like this).

if they have mfl tailpieces on the snake tap, is just unscrew the lines and screw on your disconnects. its most likely plumbed with barbs and otiker clamps in which case they are definitely not going to like you replumbing it.

you want to see this when you look at their tap:
HK501-SS.jpg

amandabab said:
nothing simple , you're going to have to disconnect their lines (the may not like this).

if they have mfl tailpieces on the snake tap, is just unscrew the lines and screw on your disconnects. its most likely plumbed with barbs and otiker clamps in which case they are definitely not going to like you replumbing it.

you want to see this when you look at their tap:

That works for the exact opposite hes looking to do.. He needs to use his ball lock kegs to their sanke setup

I would jus see if u could cut their lines slightly above the hose barbs and add in your ball lock fittings..then reattach them at the end of the night or next morning

That works for the exact opposite hes looking to do.. He needs to use his ball lock kegs to their sanke setup
no it not opposite.
he needs to remove the sanke coupler. if its barbed and clamped they are not going to like him changing/cutting their lines, if its already mfl/swivel nuts they my not mind just unhooking it and screwing ball lock disconnects onto the lines.

reading comprehension 101. :)

I think your best bet would be to get a keg of beer and through a party to empty it. Borrow the keg to fill with your beer and return it after the wedding. Or maybe the place that the wedding is at has an empty you can borrow.

Ok. This sounds as I had thought. I'll need to get a sanke keg and fittings to carbonate it. Any tips or advice on how to do this? I will need to be able to carbonate via my ball lock setup.

Ok. This sounds as I had thought. I'll need to get a sanke keg and fittings to carbonate it. Any tips or advice on how to do this? I will need to be able to carbonate via my ball lock setup.

If you have MFL fittings on your current setup it is very easy. Buy this http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=64

Then, go buy a 1/6 barrel keg and drink it all with your pals. Remove the spear, fill with your beer.

You can screw your existing gas and beer lines (if you have mfl swivel nuts) onto the sanke tap.

Carb it up and your ready to go. Then, return the keg.

I would suggest going to a local small brewery and asking if its ok if you buy their keg and if you can "borrow" it for a weekend. Heck, maybe they would even remove the spear for you (it can be a pain in the ass). Otherwise it might not technically be legal if you don't have permission.

amandabab said:
no it not opposite.
he needs to remove the sanke coupler. if its barbed and clamped they are not going to like him changing/cutting their lines, if its already mfl/swivel nuts they my not mind just unhooking it and screwing ball lock disconnects onto the lines.

reading comprehension 101. :)

You honestly think that some hall or banquet center is set with mfl swivel nuts on their sankes?

It would be like any bar ive worked at or serviced since working for a beer line cleaning company.. Straight barbed beer nuts..with the oetiker clamps 90% of the time so he would have to cut the line.. The chances are 1/100 that its mfl and. 50/50 shot they used c clamps or oetiker.. Like i said odds are would have to cut the line..

I would ask to see their set up and see if they would allow you to slightly alter it before buying beer and a coupler and such..dont get me wrong im sure you would use em again but just an added expense at this time

You honestly think that some hall or banquet center is set with mfl swivel nuts on their sankes?
its most likely plumbed with barbs and otiker clamps in which case they are definitely not going to like you replumbing it.

again, try reading
and yes, especially around here type G's are sometimes used but not often enough to keep a line tied up with one.

Back