Ball Lock fittings leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijasonbright

Reaction score
As anyone else had trouble with the black ball lock fittings leaking?

I can't seem to get any consistency with the fittings from keg to keg?

I just bought six new black fittings and most of them leak when connected.

I have tried changing orings and it seemed to fix one of the posts but not others.

The weird thing is I have the original black fitting I got with a Pluto gun and it seals perfectly on all of them, I think it has a brand embossed something like CMB? Others don't have a brand on them.

I am quite gun shy now and scared I am going to empty a keg or two before getting to the bottom of this problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Jason

I'm sorry its no help but I have 11 kegs and I've never had a problem with any of them leaking from the disconnect. I have had leaks from loose flare fittings. The only thing I can recommend it to try some keg lube and fresh o-rings(which you apparently did.)

Are the posts all the way down? I've had tons of leaking issues, but only one from a messed-up disconnect. Most of the time, it's either the poppet not seating correctly, the post not wrenched down all the way or a messed up post.

Here's what I would do:

1. Take apart the disconnects and clean them.
2. Make sure all posts are wrenched down.
3. Add a tiny dab of keg lube to the poppet o-ring (the tiny one on the poppet) and make sure all poppets are seated correctly.
4. Add keg lube to post o-rings.

what about the actual oring inside the disconnect? i had one leaking and while trouble shooting the leak i took it apart to clean and found that o-ring was missing.. anyone know where to find that o-ring or the size? ive done some looking and been unsuccessful thus far i can only find the screw cap (unless it comes on that)

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT in case anyone else has trouble:

http://www.brewbrothers.biz/Washer-Ball-Lock-Quick-Connect-Part

Latest posts

Back