Bad Hangover at Work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonK331

Reaction score
Oh no. I think I got a little too friendly with my kegerator last night. I can still taste beer, not in a good way. Drank a lot of an all grain IPA with New Zealand hops. Starting to think crystal malt makes for worse hangovers. Anyone agree?

tell me About your New Zealand Hopped IPA!!!!!!!!...ive been lookinat using NZ hops but havnt made the plunge yet
and yeess...I have had a few times that the homebrew 7%+ ABV has come and made my life hell the following day... I notice the sweeter the beer ( or any beverage for that matter) the worse the hangover.

well the thursday i went to a friend house and we drink several ipas, and pales and well the rest is history, i got to my house at 3 am, i woke up at 8 am still drunk and didnt make it to work :(

I had a bad one yesterday. Went to the World of Beer with swmbo because her friend didn't want to go on a real date with this person she just met. Bumped into some friends and ended up there from 7:30-12am. Had a field clinical on sunday 8-8, trying not to throw up on the patients.

Started off with
1. Ressdorf Kolsch (bottle), amazing beer.
2. Palo Santos draft
3. Weybacher Lima (Black IPA)
4. Rasta Rye.
5. Some Hefeweizen that was brought out by accident so I said I would take it.

Academic conferences are sneaky dangerous in this regard. Lots of friends around, reconnecting with past colleagues, inevitably in some city with a lot of good bar options, people buying rounds just as an excuse to keep the conversation going... and then conference sessions with harsh lighting early the next morning. <Shudder>.

tell me About your New Zealand Hopped IPA!!!!!!!!...ive been lookinat using NZ hops but havnt made the plunge yet
and yeess...I have had a few times that the homebrew 7%+ ABV has come and made my life hell the following day... I notice the sweeter the beer ( or any beverage for that matter) the worse the hangover.

I've been using the NZ hops for about a year now. I really love Rakau and New Zealand Cascade. Not so fond of Pacific Gem but the lot I got may have been a bit oxidized. I also really love NZ Hallertau for wheat beers, it adds a certain fruitiness that is very different from regular Hallertau. Seven Bridges in Santa Cruz, CA has a pretty good selection. I would highly recommend trying some Rakau in a PA or IPA. Awesome stuff. The NZ Cascade is sort of in between the Rakau and American Cascade. Really like that stuff as well. I just made a Pale Ale with NZ Cascade and American Centennial, it should be a nice blend, can't wait to try.

Yeah it happens. Just pull the trigger and try to find something greasy to eat. Works for me.

Better to be hungover at work than ruining a perfectly good day off! :mug:

I just got a kegerator and I had the same experience last friday. Drank a belgian IPA I brewed. It's the first time I've had a stronger beer on tap, will have to be more cautious in the future.

man...lemme tell ya. being hung over during a full outdoor show load in is less thain good. i was a stage tech last season for a production company that mainly did sound but also did staging, lighting, and everything else imaginable. trying to lead a crew to unload 2 42' tractor trailers after a night of draining the keg with two of yer friends was more of a jackass move thain anything else really. undescribable doesent come close to what that day was.

Back