Bad brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday was my worst brew day ever. Just a few highlights: bad weather, so brewed inside; missed my mash temp and never did get it right; the wort chiller I bought leaked unexpectedly and sudden just below the "in" area, spraying a huge quantity of water throughout my kitchen and into my new wort; my efficiency was 58%!; so I boiled 1 pound of DME to throw in- and had my first boil over, which I missed because I was still mopping up water.

But today, I see the bright side- my kitchen is sparkeling clean; the welding guy will have my chiller fixed before I brew tomorrow; the weather seems ok; my dandelion petals (all 800 grams) are steeping for wine; my rhubarb custard pie took $25 in the pie auction (for my kids' mission trip); my son went 5 for 5 last night and had a walk; and the best- the happy fast blurp blurping at a beautiful 66 degrees. Life is so good!

Well, how are we supposed to console you when you end on such a positive note?

;)

Glad things are looking up.

So let me get this straight! You brew beer, you have a son who bats 1000, AND you make Rhubarb Custard Pie?!?! Please marry me! :D

You know, bad things come in three's.

1.bad weather
2.missed my mash temp
3.wort chiller leaked

As far as I know when this happens, events after that will be better x3. Looks like things are already starting be great! I agree with Bike N Brew it'll probably turn out awesome. Cheers to ya! :mug:

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words. I was so mad yesterday- if I would have been a new brewer I would have quit. But sitting here tonight drinking a homebrew definitely changes the perspectives a bit!

:mug:

Yooper Chick said:
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the kind words. I was so mad yesterday- if I would have been a new brewer I would have quit. But sitting here tonight drinking a homebrew definitely changes the perspectives a bit!

Well, my first AG brew day turned out to be a nightmare with my Fat Tire clone as you might have read but guess what? I just popped the first one open yesterday and man o man!! The beer is awesome!!! Now I know why people homebrew (especially AG). :)

I'm sure it will turn out just fine.

-- Trev

well, I guess you could now call your one off brew

"what goes down must come up, ale"

:) glad things turned out great!

Glad it all turned out well for you Yooper. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow so i'll be doubly careful while i'm brewing away...

Back