Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. We work our asses off, and this is where we spend our money.
Glad ya'll like it.
We love it!

Just saw this thread. Layne that is one amazing place. Congrats on the amazing brewhouse/party house.

This is, crazy, crazy beautiful. SWMBO suggested he punch out a wall leading into the back garden and build in some doors into the yard for a pub/brewery, but you took it to a whole other level.

...also btw the same girlfriend who wouldnt let me spend the money to go all grain. Go figure ;)

Amazing, a level of craft that many could never achieve. Thank you so much for sharing.

I can't take the credit. My brother in law is a carpenter, and he did all the work.
He gets all the beer he wants :)

Finally went through this whole thread. Awesome pics and just a sick place in general! WOW.

Serious question: Have you had a real estate agent give you any idea of what this did to the value of your house?

My wife and I are planning on moving Upstate NY for about 11 years and then moving to Colorado after that. I'm wondering if it is worth it to do something like this at the house upstate or if I would end up losing big time when we make our last (hopefully) big move. I know sometimes highly custom jobs like this don't translate into an equal increase in value.

Don't know, Don't care.
I'm gonna enjoy this every day. I don't ever plan to move anyway.

I built the Rig----
Actually, My neighbor is a welder, and did the welding.
Boerderij_Kabouter designed and built the electronics.
I dreamed it, and put it all together.

There are several grills.
I have a gas char-griller next to the stove in the kitchen, I have a big wood smoker/grill outside, and an electric smoker in the closet.

This whole project is just amazing. Absolutely unbelievable to me that you have some extra backyard space and elect to erect an entire tavern.

And here I am saving up for a kegerator...

Well done. I am impressed.

Lane, that is a totally awesome space! I also went to St. Amant for a bit, I may have to hit you up for a tour next time I am down. I cant wait till I can move back home!!

CHANKS said:
Lane, that is a totally awesome space! I also went to St. Amant for a bit, I may have to hit you up for a tour next time I am down. I cant wait till I can move back home!!

Champs, this is a live pic of the Redstick Brewmasters Brewoff at Layne's Brew Tavern. Going on now.

image-4283805733.jpg

I run an electrical contracting company, and THAT is the cleanest panel I have ever seen! Well done.:rockin:

I'm even more anal about how I lace out my panels... You should see some of the industrial/commercial panels and electric rooms I've done... I was brought up that way in the trade, so even with residential panels, I can't help myself...:)

Layne.. This is truly a beautiful set up you have there.. I am very happy for you and your wife... There is little in life better than having a place where you can make your family and friends feel comfortable and welcome...

That's a way better investment than the same money for a boat or vacation condo..

WELL DONE! :mug:
(wish I lived close enough to come check it out in person)

BTW, where did you get all that Cypress? Did you buy it locally, or did you order it from somewhere and have it shipped?

r8rphan- We bought it from some people with a 140 year old house that partially burned, and the owners tore out the rest of the interior to remodel. ( what a shame) good for me!
JasonInBTR- Thanks,come by for a beer sometime.

Jeez I feel like such a massive newbie, but I have to ask... what is that?

The tri-clovers are sure purdy though :D

No cooling.
A sabco fermenter. Thermo and rotating racking arm at the bottom.
Blow off and gas in at the top.

Been too busy with work and kids. Not much progress.
I have (3) 5 gallon batches thru it so far, and they all came out great. I will be doing a 10 gallon batch of Belgian Pale Ale this week. First 10 gallon batch, and first batch in the new fermenter. I'll post results.
And one day, I'll get arround to tuning :)

I was just wondering if that open invitation to visit still stands, I am coming up for parole in a couple weeks and...just joking, Totally Awesome Layne, Living the dream, congrats on 25 years with the SWMBO and you certainly have a "pool shed" to be proud of. Love the blingy brewstand too, it sure beats my kitchen stove :p

The RIG has had (3) 5 gal batches and (3) 10 gal batches so far.
Everytime I brew, I love it more.

OK, time to expand.
I'm gonna build a room off the back side of the cookshack to house fermentation and storage coolers. I decided this instead of a cold room.

I'm getting rid of my keggerator, and will get a large chest freezer to put keggs in.
I want to have it on the otherside of the wall behind my bar. I'm trying to decide on wether to build a 'coffin' of some sort, or find/build a multi tap tower. This will sit on my bar, and be plumbed to the freezer in the other room. I want to have 6 taps.
Looking for ideas or advise.

Go for a coffin that will match the sweet bar you got. Build it, then run a trunk to it from the cold room.

I don't know if I'd have the cajones to drill through that nice epoxy bar, though.

B

so not only did I chug through 64 pages of this thread today over the last 2 hours (hopefully work won't notice), you're starting a new phase!

All in all I think jaybird summed it up best with, "WOW!"

After seeing what you did on the primary structure I have absolutely no doubt that the add-on will indeed be equally epic.

Cheers to you good sir.

Although there's one thing my brewhouse has that yours doesn't! I have 2.5 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms and maybe 500 more sq ft! hah I win...

oh you have that in your real house on the other side of the pool? nevermind I lose...

I too just chugged through the 64 pages. I'm just inspired. I'm going to start working on a 10 year plan to put something like this together. Although I'm already see that I am going to do some things differently. Thinking barn doors to go with an open air feel for the nice fall and spring days, and since I plan on being in CO will have to put in a fireplace or wood stove. I can already picture it.

Great build Layne. I will be working on my own garage renovation soon and your build is an inspiration. I plan on having many a crawfish boils with friends and family. Also, the person who did your controls for your set from down here? I may need his help on automating my system. Congrats on a great space.

Thanks!
We love it. I can't tell you how much time we soend in there, and how many football games, partys, ect that we host.

Yes, The guy that designed the control panel is from here in HBT. Boerderij_Kabouter

Latest posts

Back