Back to Brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMagicHatter

Reaction score
After a few months(6) of not brewing, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things.

My basement is not cool during the summer months, as it gets up into the 80s, and I had no place to ferment my beer. I tried going the route of the swamp bucket, but found that it was more of a hassle than anything. So I finally got went out and got myself a chest freezer and a Johnson Controls A19AAT-2C temperature controller.

When my basement was cooler, low 70s, my brews were coming out alright, but not great. I'm attributing that to the higher temps during fermentation. I'm hoping to take them to a new level being that I'll be able to ferment around the low 60s.

Any recommendations for a "back to brewing" brew? I've done a handful of IPAs and a couple of Hefeweizens thus far. I'm all extract for the time being but working on my all grain setup.

Happy brewing! :mug:

Call me practical, but I'd go for something with low color, low ABV, and no weird ingredients SO IT WILL BE READY TO DRINK SOONER!!! Think about a small bitter or a blonde. Or a smallish American amber.

(I also just came off a hiatus--being dry sucks)

Call me practical, but I'd go for something with low color, low ABV, and no weird ingredients SO IT WILL BE READY TO DRINK SOONER!!! Think about a small bitter or a blonde. Or a smallish American amber.

You know, I'm glad you mentioned this. I got to thinking about it lastnight and realized that it's a bold move to jump into pumpkin beer after being on a hiatus. Plenty of potential for things to go wrong, only prolonging my ability to drink a homebrew! Back to basics on this one with the K.I.S.S method.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Back