Back in Boston from a year in SLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddleTilDeath

Reaction score
Hello hbing people!

I joined this board as a total beginner last fall as I was being a ski bum musician (I play the fiddle professionally) in Salt Lake which led to homebrewing with my ski buddy roommate. Over the course of last winter, we made 6 beers together of varying styles with (with the exception of our first) shocking success and depth of flavor using the LHBS's extract kits.

The ski bum thing was a one time thing that I had to do or I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Now back in Boston in the Brighton area I've been pumping out the brews - now drinking/aging a Big IPA and an Imperial Stout, with a cider and strong Belgian in primary and a Kolsch in Secondary. I'm still using extract kits, but generally adding more hops and creating my own hop addition schedule. My basement has proven a perfect place for carboys and there's even a kitchenette for bottle storage. Just wanted to send a shout out to the Beantown peoples!

Back