Bachelor Party Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelcurtain

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Title says it all. My bro's getting married May 2015 and I'm on the hook as best man and planner. Would love to give him a great day to remember, and hope the collective here can offer ideas and inspiraton to make that possible.

I've been working on sourcing some good cigars and bourbon; that part is covered. Bro doesn't want strippers, so that's off the table. Also, Vegas is a no go.

Besdies that I'm open. It's not that I don't have ideas, but would enjoy hearing things others have done to send the groom off in style. Thanks in advance.

The best one i have been on was a fishing charter about 6 weeks ago. 12 of us on an overnight trip and was enjoyed by everyone. The downside was that it is quite pricey (and also in New Zealand but i'm guessing they have something similar in your neck of the woods)

Really depends what he is into but I would suggest some clay target shooting, archery, good bbq or spit roast, paintball, mountain biking, go carting, actual car racing, hot shave, skydiving and doing all of this with him in a lil miss piggy onsie.

The best one i have been on was a fishing charter about 6 weeks ago. 12 of us on an overnight trip and was enjoyed by everyone. The downside was that it is quite pricey (and also in New Zealand but i'm guessing they have something similar in your neck of the woods)

Really depends what he is into but I would suggest some clay target shooting, archery, good bbq or spit roast, paintball, mountain biking, go carting, actual car racing, hot shave, skydiving and doing all of this with him in a lil miss piggy onsie.

All sounds fun, and most events have been done by both of us, but not fit for the party itself. The hot shave sounds like a great start to a day though, so I'll use that, cheers!

Roman orgy or Thai love house. Well, that's what I would want. :D
The fishing charter sounds like a great idea to me too. As does spit roasting a pig/lamb. A sushi feast would be on my list too. Maybe a brewery tour? Wine tasting? A night at an oyster bar? What about going to a boxing match or a UFC fight? NFL/NBA/MLB game? The Harlem Globetrotters tour every spring, maybe they'll be playing near you around that time, they do put on a great show. Maybe a comedy club or a standup comedy show with a major comedian? Ron White, Ralphie May, etc...
Good luck. Regards, GF.

I went on a two day, one night canoe camping trip with my buddies! It was awesome! I am also a known cheap a** (prefer frugal) and the whole thing came to like 80 dollars a person

For my nephew we took a 16lb bowling ball attached a chain and shackle to it and painted it black. Bar hopped around town and made him wear it all night. Funny as hell to see him walk since the chain was to short to carry the ball while standing straight.

Doesn't want strippers, but didn't say anything about no hookers.

I think the "don't want strippers" comment needs some translation.

I hear it as " I don't want my soon to be ex-wife to find out we had strippers"

In my storied history of attending bachelor parties, I have never met a groom-to-be, that was disappointed in having strippers, even though they said no strippers.

Mostly depends on budget. Have done everything from the strip club/bar crawl to the whole day event from paintball through a huge meal with bars.

What does he have fun doing. Is he the active type or more of a relax and party it up type. Is he the kind of person that you would find in a club or instead be camping and/or roughing it. Is there anything he has told you that he really wants to do (in the past 10 years or so that you can remember)? Nows the chance. How long do you have him? An evening, day, couple days? Travel an option? etc.

We recently did a "Dadchelor party" for a buddy who was expecting his first. We've done the usual bachelor party stuff when we all got married, so this time it was coats and ties, we went to a killer steakhouse, followed by a bar that specializes in fine whiskey for flights of Scotch and American whiskey, then off to the cigar bar.

It really depends on his interests. Mine was awesome, all we did was go to a couple of my favorite beer/cigar bars. If we did some of the stuff recommended above I personally wouldn't have liked it as much.

My buddy's "party" was at a friend's cabin overnight we had 6 beers in jockey boxes and made giant versions of board/drinking games (beer pong with trash cans and volleyballs, life size trouble with a homemade 2 foot by 2 foot die).

If your crowd likes to turn money into smoke and noise have you considered a trip to a range that offers sporting clays? Might be combined into an expedition that includes an overnight stay and other activities.

As suggested, you might consider renting a cabin for a night or two. Find one that's close to activities you like. My buddies enjoy hiking but go carts are fun. Some fun skill/party games, a few/many beers, a campfire and you're set.

Not sure of your parties size but we rented a 15 passenger van when I was a best man and had a non-drinker buddy as a designated driver.

We have a guy's weekend every few years. It's always a big hit.

Back