• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California False Bottoms, Blichmann Autosparge, Blichmann Boilcoil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Update 8/3/20: Sold a bunch of stuff, updating title and thread with what's left - just a few small things, see the list below

Update: 7/21: Mash Tun kettle sold. Parting out everything. PM for more info. Shipping a kettle in California was $30 extra for a guesstimate of shipping. If you buy multiple things, I'll knock a few bucks off.

What's available:

• What's left 8/3/20
    • (1) qty 10 Gallon Blichmann Boilcoil 240v- $80. This heating element won't scorch your bag if it's submersed, fyi. Includes plug cord 6' long. Link Here
    • (1) Ss Brewtech 10 gallon false bottom - $40 - Link here
    • (1) Norcal Brewing Jaybird 10 gallon False bottom - $40 (doesn't include needed trub damn pick up tube) - Link here
    • (1) Blichmann Autosparge - $30 - link here
    • Lots of not pictured 1/2" stainless pieces, couplings, nipples, barbs, brewhardware quick disconnects. If you need something like this send me a PM with what you need and I'll see if I have it.

• (1) qty 10 Gallon Ss Brewtech Kettle- $110. Previously used as an HLT for a Herms System. The lid has a copper Herms coil with 1/2 female npt in and out. Can be taken off and plugged, the herms coil is no extra charge. Has weldless boilcoil holes punched in the back left side of the kettle. Also has weldless PID hole. Both can easily be plugged with a weldless plug sold by Brewhardware or others. Includes (1) ball valve and (1) trub dam pick up tube.
  • (1) qty 10 Gallon Ss Brewtech Kettle- $110. Previously used as a boil kettle. Has boilcoil holes similar to HLT above. Includes (1) ball valve and (1) trub dam pick up tube.
  • (1) Spincyle whirlpool 8" drop return from Brewhardware. - $15 - I'll sell it for $10 if you buy it with the boil kettle. Link here
  • (1) Blichmann G2 Linear Flow Valve - $25 - This thing is awesome for fly sparging. Link here SOLD
  • (1) Chugger Pump with Poly head - $60 -link here
  • (1) Stainless steel prep table - $50- 60" wide - local pick up only!
  • (1) Ss Brewtech 1/2" npt thermometer with bulkhead - $15 - This needs to be calibrated! Link here

Update 7/10: If you want anything individual, I'm willing to part out and ship separately. If you take a few things, knock a few bucks of the combined price and I'll consider the offer.

Any Kettle: $110, includes lid (including Herms coil if you take HLT)
Either 240v Boilcoil: $80
Either False Bottom: $40
Autosparge: $30
Spincycle: $15
Chugger Pump: $60
Linear Flow Valve: $25
Stainless table: $50

Price Drop 7/8: $800 for everything. Please see the Google Spreadsheet for the updated parts if you're interested in some of the misc. stuff.

Hi everyone, I'm selling my 3 vessel eherms setup which has been a dream for the past 3 years and ~35 to 40 batches. I am NOT selling the included panel that I used with it because I am keeping it for my upgraded set up. Everything is in very good condition, with some minor rust spots in the HLT.

If you are piecing together your own system and building a panel, this is perfect for you.

Here is a price breakdown link to everything included:

I've listed the retail prices of everything (please let me know if you find something cheaper I can adjust pricing accordingly), and what I've discounted each piece to for the subtotals at the bottom. If you want to take everything, I'll sell everything for $950, however if I don't get interest in the whole thing I can begin parting out. Stainless table is local pick up only, and I'd prefer local on everything but can work out shipping at your cost. I have a fedex account so I'd be using them to ship.

I'm happy to deliver if you buy me lunch and pat me on the ass, as long as it's not too far ~1 hour, (maybe 2 hours for the dude from Monterey who always stalks me around here). Happy to meet somewhere in the middle too.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if that's a fair price. I know it seems expensive, but I paid about $2200 for the whole setup including the control panel I bought.

I'm located just south of San Francisco.

NOTE: I am keeping all the Male Quick Disconnect pieces you see in the pics. I forgot to take them off. I am also keeping the bulkhead / barb you see in the mash tun for re-circulation. I will blank that hole off with a weldless plug.

Pics to follow:

SS Brewtech False Bottom.

MT2.jpeg

norcal brewing Jaybird 10 gallon ss brewtech false bottom

FB2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back